Medical Records Information
Medical Records RequestsMedical records hold important information about your health history, diagnoses, conditions and treatments. Your medical records are confidential. In order to protect this information, your written authorization is required before a copy can be released.
Right of AccessYou have the right to request a copy of your protected health information maintained by The Bacon County Hospital and Health System. This includes the right to request the Bacon County Hospital and Health System to transfer a copy to a selected healthcare provider of your choosing.
Medical Records OfficeBACON COUNTY HOSPITAL AND HEALTH SYSTEM
302 SOUTH WAYNE STREET
ALMA, GEORGIA, 31510
BUSINESS HOURS 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, MONDAY - THURSDAY
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM, FRIDAY
PHONE NUMBER: (912) 632-8961 (EXTENSION 1081)
FAX NUMBER: (912) 632-6936
The Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems Medical Records Department does not possess access to billing information. Please contact the Billing Department to obtain those records.
Processing TimeAll requests are processed within 30 days of receipt. Please allow reasonable time to process your request. We will contact you in the event of unforeseen delays.
CostsThere is no fee for records to be sent directly to a doctor or other healthcare provider for the purpose of continuation of care.
For copies for other uses the current rates set by Georgia State Law may apply.
How can you obtain copies of your medical records?Download and print the Authorization to Receive a Copy of PHI (below).
1. Complete and sign the form
2. Mail the completed form along with a copy of valid identification, Fax the completed form along with a copy of valid identification, or drop the form off in person at our local office.
3. Your request will be reviewed by our team. Mental Health records are considered sensitive in nature and require additional approval by a clinical team.
4. Upon receipt of your authorization for release of information our team will contact you for any other documents required or for additional information that may be necessary.
5. When appropriate pay and receive your records. After we process the request, we will send you an invoice. Once the invoice is paid you will receive a copy of your medical records.
Please note: Unsigned, incomplete, or incorrect requests cannot be processed.