Request for Proposal (RFP) for Construction Management Services
Invitation and Overview of Project
The Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems seeks to hire a Construction Manager for its facility improvements. The program includes additions and renovations to Twin Oaks Nursing Home. Selection of a Construction Manager shall be based on qualifications, experience and record of performance on health care construction projects. The form of agreement shall be AIA Document A121 CMc Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager is also the Constructor, 1991 edition. Fees for Construction Management services shall be negotiated between the selected Construction Manager and the Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems.
Information to Construction Managers
The Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems desires to hire a Construction Manager to deliver the professional services described below:
I. Preconstruction Phase:
The Construction Manager shall provide an overall program schedule to include the design phase by the Owner's Architect, when applicable, and construction activities. The schedule shall provide adequate detail of the design phase and construction sequences for each project as required to achieve Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems desired construction completion for each component of the program.
When requested by Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems, the Construction Manager shall provide services as described in Article 2.1 and shall establish a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) in accordance with Article 2.2 of the Form of Agreement.
II. Construction Phase
For each project included in this program, the Construction Manager shall function as an independent contractor and shall hold and administer all subcontracts. Construction services may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. The Construction Manager will hold and administer all subcontracts and shall be responsible for all project administration including but not limited to; scheduling the work, verifying and approval of all required shop drawings and submittals, ordering and ensuring timely delivery of all required materials, enforcement of all OSHA safety regulations and approval of all material invoices and subcontractor pay requests. The Construction Manager will handle all bonding for sub-contracts and materials and Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems will purchase the materials.
2. The Construction Manager will be responsible for managing the site and coordinating all construction activities
3. The Construction Manager shall be required to provide a Labor and Material Payment Bond and a Performance Bond, both in the form of AIA Document A311, for each project when requested by Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems. Each bond shall be issued in an amount equal to 100% of the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP). The Bonding Company (Surety) must be listed on the Federal Register, licensed to do business in the State of Georgia, and a minimum A.M. Best rating of A11.
4. The Construction Manager shall be required to provide all insurance coverage required by Article 8.1 of the Contract.
5. The Construction Manager shall be required to provide Builder's Risk Insurance for each project.
6. The Construction Manager shall employ for each project, deemed necessary, a competent superintendent who shall remain on-site continuously during construction activities and have authority to act on behalf of the Construction Manager.
7. Prior to commencing construction, the Construction Manager shall be required to submit an overall project schedule. The schedule shall include all construction activities and shall provide adequate detail to establish an acceptable and realistic construction sequence to achieve the required completion for each project. The schedule shall be updated and submitted to the Owner no less than once a month upon construction commencement.
8. The Construction Manager shall report to the Owner all construction contingency allocations and shall update and submit to the Owner a log of contingency allocations no less than once a month.
9. The Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems is committed to the safety of its patients and employees. To that end, any firm awarded a contract shall be required to assure that the personnel assigned to the project do not possess criminal records that would violate the standards for employment. The successful bidder must certify that the company and it employees are or will be in compliance with those standards for the project awarded.
Qualifications and Submittal Format
Each proposal should contain the following information for review and consideration. Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems may reject proposals that are substantially incomplete or lack key information and reserves the right to reject any and/or all proposals.
1. (10%) Firm History & Information - Briefly describe your firm history, its officers and executive management.
2. (25%) Performance - Provide the following information for your four (4) most
recently completed Construction Manager/ General Contractor Health Care projects:
A. Brief project description.
B. Guaranteed Maximum Price. (GMP)
C. Change Orders. (List all change orders including amounts and a brief description of each)
D. Report the amount of Construction Contingency, per Article 2.2.3 of the Contract Agreement, included in the GMP.
E. Provide Owner and Design Professional Contact Information.
F. Provide an Owner's Statement of Reference.
3. (25%) Program Experience - Provide two (2) examples of managing a Health Care
Facility Improvements Program as a Construction Manager/ General Contractor.
A. List all projects included in Program.
B. Total value of all projects.
C. Change Orders - (List all change orders including amounts and a brief description of each)
D. Provide Owner and Design Professional Contact Information.
E. Provide an Owner's Statement of Reference.
4. (10%) References - Provide contact information for a minimum of five (5) Health Care clients we may contact regarding your work history. All references shall be from projects that have been completed within the past five (5) years and at least three (3) of the five (5) references should be clients for whom your firm has worked as a Construction Manager/General Contractor.
5. (10%) Claims History -List ALL litigations, arbitrations and mediations in which the firm has been involved in the past five (5) years. Provide brief description of those involving an owner or design professional.
6. (10%) Financial Status - Describe the financial status of your firm; include financial statements (income statements and balance sheets). Provide reference from firm's primary financial institution.
7. (10%) Bonding Information -
List the surety/bonding company to be used for this program.
Provide contact information for your bonding agent.
List your total bonding capacity and the total value of all projects currently under contract.
List your firm's bonding rate(s) as a percentage relative to contract amount.
Submission of Proposals
Proposals will be received until 2:00 p.m., Thursday, January 3, 2013. To be accepted, all proposals are to be submitted, in sealed packages marked "Response to CM RFP". Proposals must be sent by U.S. Mail, courier service such as Federal Express or United Parcel Service or hand delivered. No proposals will be accepted via fax transmission regardless of the time of delivery. Three (3) copies of the proposal should be sent or delivered to:
Schedule of Events:Post Advertisement - Dec. 3, 2012
Final day to submit questions - Dec. 11, 2012
Addendum Posted with Submitted Questions Along with Answers - Dec. 18, 2012
Receive Proposals - Jan. 3, 2013
Selection Panel Meets to Select CM - Jan. 8, 2013
Panel Informs PROPOSALS - Jan. 9, 2013
Response to CM RFP
Attention: Cindy Turner
Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems
302 S. Wayne St.
Questions concerning the RFP should be FAXED to Cindy Turner at (912) 632-5000. Include your fax number for a response.
Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems intends to award the Construction Management to the most qualified firm based on the evaluation criteria listed above. Should Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems and the first firm selected fail to negotiate mutually acceptable fees for service, the board shall abandon negotiations with the first firm and initiate negotiations with other firms in rank order, however the board reserves the right to reject any or all proposals if deemed to be in the best interest of the Bacon County Hospital and Health Systems.